Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Windowrie "The Mill" Verdelho 2005
I really enjoyed this however I did note of one of my previous comments and left it out of the fridge for a bit before I sipped!

The winery tasting notes are here.....but this is what I thought!

The wine was pretty pale gold in colour, certainly not the lime green as stated on the label, and initally the aroma was of passionfruit, but there was quite a bit of citrus and perhaps pineapple there too (pineapple??? what the??)

Remember that fruit salad that used to come in a tin and your grandma used to serve it with ice cream for dessert after Sunday roast....that was the taste, sweet, fruit salad!

All in all it's a wine I'd keep in the fridge in summer and just drink it down underneath the pergola on a balmy evening!

Price is $14.95 direct from the winery.
 
posted by Nia at 9:08 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 1:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

    Congratulations on your blog, especially as it didnt flame us.
    Thanks for your words, and if you are travelling through Cowra, get in touch before you visit.
    cheers
    steph