Monday, July 10, 2006
Added to my meagre cellar today....
I was fortunate (or unfortunate as the case may be - I can't tell just by looking at the bottle) to obtain the following three bottles yesterday......I include for your reading pleasure - the back labels.....stay tuned for a review...when I finally open them.

2003 Brokenwood Cricket Pitch (Blend)

The colour is deep red, with lifted leafy fruits and sweet oak aromas. It has a rich, complex palate and is a suitable accompaniement to full flavoured foods.


Can someone please tell me what lifted leafy fruits are...?
(EDITED: I"ve emailed the wine maker to ask - nothing like the horse's mouth!)

2003 Debortoli Yarra Valley Shiraz
Low-cropping mature vine Shiraz grown in in the Yarra Valley produces a distinctly richly textured wine style. 2001 vintage was a cool dry season resulting in Shiraz that displays ripe berry fruit and spicy white pepper characters. The wine has high fruit concentration and will continue to develop both complexity and character with medium term cellaring.


This one I think I've got covered.....ripe berry fruit and white pepper....a cinch!

2003 Two Churches Yarra Valley Shiraz
A sweet-fruited Barossa Shiraz in the solid, traditional mould.


Is that mould....like fungi...or mould like the one they threw away when they made me?

If you have tried any of these then feel free to leave a comment and let me know what your opinions were :)
 
posted by Nia at 5:29 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 6:13 pm, Blogger Mal

    I think that is a great question - "what is lifted leaf"?

    If you ever find out, do tell as I would love to know too!

     
  • At 11:36 pm, Blogger Edward

    Tannia,

    When you discover what a lifted leafy fruit is let me know!