Saturday, July 01, 2006
Tuesday night - Swing and Another Shiraz

Tuesday night I took mum and dad out to dinner at a little local-ish pub that has a fabulous swing band that plays each Tuesday night.

Mum and dad selected the fish, while I tucked into a nice porterhouse accompanied by a Grant Burge Filsell Shiraz, probably a bit wasted on the pub grub, but very enjoyable as a wine on its own.

You can read a bit about the wine, winemaking and some reviews from people who are supposed to know what they're talking about when it comes to wine....here. All I know is...I liked it but it needed something richer in flavour to go with it foodwise. I'm thinking slow-cooked lamb shanks or one of those rich beef casseroles that seem to be missing from menus these days...something about cholesterol...bah!
 
posted by Nia at 2:45 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: